Thursday, September 28, 2006

Progress


Well, I did get some knitting done. I had a workshop on pastoral care to attend on Saturday, so I spent some time working on That Sock.

I have the heel flap done. But I don't know where I put the directions...sigh...at least it is an online pattern, so I have saved it to my hard drive and even if I lose it I can go back to MagKnits and get it again.

Now I will be doing that little pocket in the heel before picking up the stitches on the edges of the flap and turning the heel. That's the part where I always think that a sock looks like some sort of mad demented puppet...kind of like the Alien with those weird teeth that moved sideways instead of up and down...and all that drool coming out. It's exactly how my daughter looks when she is getting her braces worked on (don't tell HER I said that, it would produce a chorus of "MOTHER!!!! HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT!!!" that I don't really want to hear!) They put this kind of plastic thing in her mouth that holds her lips away from her teeth and I always think, "Alien!!!" while she has it in...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

JAN,
ALWAYS ENJOY READING YOUR BLOG. HOPE THINGS ARE GOING WELL FOR YOU. WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR PATTERN FOR YOUR MITERED SQUARE BLANKET?
DEBRA
CHARLOTTE NC
MAVIS839@AOL.COM

Anonymous said...

I know that "alien" look! But how beautiful it is when the braces are removed.